Saturday, June 18, 2011

Phoenix, AZ: State Championship Coach May Be Deported

Phoenix, AZ: State Championship Coach May Be Deported... Miguel Aparicio, 37, is a volunteer cross country coach for Alhambra High School. He gained national esteem for turning runners into state champions. He came to the U.S. with his grandmother when he was 15. She is legal, he is not. "I was brought here when I was a teenager, I did not know if I broke the law. They just brought me here." After being found to be an illegal alien during a minor traffic stop, he spent Friday morning trying to get an extension to stay in the country, but he was not successful. Aparicio must now either leave the country on his own at midnight or stay here and appeal the decision. (he's been here 22 years and has not taken any steps to become legalized????)

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/immigration/state-championship-coach-may-be-deported-06172011


No comments:

Post a Comment